A few tips to make a small bathroom look bigger
Many people dream of a spacious bathroom, but have to make do with a small one. But no worries: even small bathrooms can be turned into something wonderful!
Create a floor plan
When designing a small bathroom, a floor plan is a must. It is important that you know in advance how you can best lay out the space. To draw your bathroom, you need accurate measurements for the bathroom furniture. You also need to take windows and doors into account. The Facq Bathroom planner is a useful tool for designing your bathroom.
Make the room look bigger
You have to make small bathrooms look bigger. There are a number of tricks to do so:
1. CHOOSE THE RIGHT COLOURS
- Stick to three colours in your bathroom.
- Favour light and airy hues that reflect natural daylight.
- Make The floor darker than the walls and the walls lighter than the ceiling.
- Avoid major colour contrasts.
2. CHOOSE BATHROOM LIGHTING WITH CARE
- Provide as much natural light as possible through large windows.
- Opt for strong general lighting.
- Also add indirect lighting.
- Use mirrors. Not only do they make the room look bigger, they also reflect llight.
3. MAKE YOUR BATHROOM TRANSPARENT
The more transparent your bathroom, the bigger it will look. A glass shower wall is therefore also recommended.
4. GO FOR LARGE TILES
Avoid small mosaic tiles or tiles with a busy motif. Rectangular tiles placed horizontally stretch the space visually. Vertically placed tiles, on the other hand, draw the eye upwards, making the bathroom appear higher than it really is.
You need storage space in small bathrooms, of course. You can, for example, install shelves or floating cabinets so that the floor remains clear and the room appears larger. It is best to avoid long, narrow cabinets. Low cabinets make your bathroom look bigger and can also be used as a seat.
Bathroom furniture in small bathrooms
In small bathrooms, you will have to make choices for the best use of space:
- Either choose a large bathtub or shower, not both. You still want freedom of choice? Install a tub shower combo.
- It is best to install the toilet in a separate space.
- Go for a large wash basin with two taps.